Dr Amer Al Rawas
• CEO Tasneea Oil & Gas Technology Group
• CEO Omantel
• Managing Director Oman Mobile
• Chairman, Middle East Leadership Academy
• Chairman, Oman Society for Petroleum Services
• Member of the Higher Education Council
• Member of Oman Academic Accreditation Authority
• Served in various academic and leadership positions at the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) the flagship university in Oman. Last assignment with SQU was the Dean of Educational Services.
• PhD in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (Sussex University, UK – 1997)
• Specialization in Software Engineering
• Research covers the role of ICT in Economic Development, Socioeconomic and Demographic Drivers for Economic Growth
Anselm Perera - Director/ Chief Executive Officer
• 38+ years of international banking experience in Middle East & Sri Lanka
• 1971: Started banking career with National & Grindlay’s Bank Ltd, Sri Lanka.
• 1975: joined HSBC Oman (British Bank of the Middle East – BBME)
• Unique career path as Functional Head covering all areas of HSBC Oman: Chief Operating Officer, GM Corporate Banking, GM Retail Banking & Wealth Management and GM Human Resources
• 2001 – 2008: Deputy CEO (DCEO) of HSBC Oman
• Strategic member of HBSC Oman Management Team, responsible for transforming HSBC from manual systems to the best automated bank in the Sultanate
• Visionary with a proven track record for project management and organizational skills.
• Maintains excellent relationships with Government entities, regulators, corporates and eminent professionals in the Sultanate.
• Fellow of the Institute of Financial Studies (Chartered Institute of Bankers), UK. (One of the three bankers to hold this qualification in Oman and the only Sri Lankan)
• Associate of the Institute of Financial Studies (Chartered Institute of Bankers), UK.
Aitken Spence PLC
• Year of Establishment 1868
• Business Conglomerate based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Employee Strength 14000
• Listed company on Colombo Stock Exchange, Srilanka
• Revenues 325 Million US $
• International Recognition by Forbes for 3rd consecutive year for being among the top 200 most successful companies across the globe outside the United States of America
• Business Interests:
Hotels, Travel, Maritime Services, Logistics. Printing, Plantations, Power Generation, Financial Services, IT, BPO/KPO sector, Elevator Agency Services, Garments, and Property Development
Frances Perera, Director
Arrived in Oman in 1978 and has lived in both Salalah and Muscat, where
she was a community organizer; and during her time in Muscat expanded
her pursuits to become a librarian. In 1995 she moved with her children to
Canada where she cared for them while her husband remained in Oman.
In Canada she continued her interests in the community taking a position
on the school board. As well as becoming president of the Sri Lanka Canad
a Maritime Association, she was a member of the Multicultural Council of
Nova Scotia and organized various multicultural & Canadian events; and
became a member of many social service groups.
Upon her return to Oman in 2004 she became very active in many different charitable efforts and
became a respected member of the Catholic Church. In 2008 she took on a new role for her which
she has excelled at ever since; as GM of BPOS global. She continues her charitable efforts and
strives each day to make a better world.
• Auburn Drive High School (1996 – 2002) - Member of the School Advisory Council; Member of
the Disciplinary committee; Member of the organizing committee for multicultural activities
• Multicultural Council of Nova Scotia (1997 – 2004) - Treasurer of the council from 1998 to 2000
• Sri Lanka - Canada Association (1996 – 2004) - President of the Association from 1998 to 2000
• General Manager of BPOS Global LLC since 2008